Letter: Railroad underpass issue raises questions
Let’s try to pull the wool over these mountain locals again.
As a resident of Winter Park and a Board member of a local HOA affected by the discussion about a railroad underpass in Fraser, I have some rhetorical questions:
1. Why should Winter Park Residents spend millions on a private, for-profit real estate development improvement in Fraser?
2. Why doesn’t the developer or the town of Fraser spend their own tax dollars or pass a bond if this is so important to them?
3. Winter Park has two roads to cross the railroad tracks already and an alternative access road to avoid the railroad tracks completely. Why waste taxpayer dollars for another one?
4. There has been no breach of contract by Winter Park in this matter, whatsoever. Check the courts’ decisions. Talk to the Winter Park Council members.
5. Why use the misleading words on a postcard mailer to Winter Park residents about “honoring legal obligations?”
6. Why is there a no contact information on the postcard? Specifically, phone numbers or names? How about, who paid for the postcard, Facebook and the webpage?
Ask yourself a few questions and come to your own intelligent conclusions on these tactics.
Claude W. Diamond, J.D.
Winter Park Resident
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.