Winter Park dispensary hearing pushed back to Dec. 19
December 15, 2016
The preliminary injunction hearing for the proposed marijuana dispensary in Winter Park, Serene Wellness, which was scheduled for Dec. 15 has been potponed. The next hearing will be a continuation from the Nov. 10 hearing, and will address the complaints filed by the Town of Winter Park against the BOCC for approving the license. No new court date has been set yet.
While no decisions were made at the last hearing, 14th Judicial District Judge Mary Hoak did rule that Winter Park Mayor Jimmy Lahrman and the town of Winter Park have standing in the case.
The BOCC approved the retail marijuana license for Serene Wellness LLC in Winter Park in a 2-1 vote during their August 16 meeting. Commissioners Linke and Manguso moved to approve the license while Commissioner Tollett voted against approving it. A restraining order from Winter Park prevented the BOCC from issuing the actual license, even though the Board approved it. Serene Wellness is planning to be located in the same building as the Valley Hi Motel, which is considered unincorporated Grand County. Serene Wellness has dispensaries in Empire and Fraser. Story will be updated when a court date is set.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Winter Park Resort opens season strong with most snow in a decade (with video)
- Local authorities release additional details in last week’s fatal shooting
- Police arrest 2 in connection with making $1,400 in fraudulent purchases at Granby businesses
- Drink it up: Winter Park Resort commemorates new gondola with one-of-a-kind tequila by Patrón
- Grand County police blotter, Nov. 13-14: SOS from J.W.