WP requests restraining order on BOCC
August 16, 2016
The Town of Winter Park (WP) is taking legal action against the Grand County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC).
District Court Judge Mary Hoak signed a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) on Monday August 15. The TRO was requested by WP and is directed at the BOCC and prevents the BOCC from holding additional Public Hearings related to a proposed marijuana retail business in a portion of unincorporated Grand County contained entirely within the borders of WP.
The Plaintiffs in the dispute, WP, initially filed a motion for both a TRO and a preliminary injunction on the matter. No formal proceedings have been scheduled regarding the preliminary injunction though WP may pursue the injunction by scheduling a preliminary hearing.
The TRO expires after 14 days.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Grand County real estate transactions, from March 11-17