Delores Boyd, 1932-2018
October 2, 2018
It is with great sadness that we report the passing of Delores (David) Boyd on Sept. 10, 2018. Delores (Dee) was born in Gentry, Mo., on Sept. 18, 1932. Dee moved to Granby in 1960 and married Jay Boyd in 1962. They were restaurant managers in Granby at the former El Monte for many years then at Mosley's in Grand lake. After they retired in 1993 they moved to Henderson, Nev., but Dee continued spending her summers at their place on Shadow Mountain Lake that she loved so much. In 2016, Dee moved back to Colorado and was a resident at The Legacy of Lafayette in Lafayette.
Dee was a remarkable woman who was very quiet, hard working, generous and kind. She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, two brothers and one sister. She is survived by her sister, Wanda Geisler (Eldon) Boulder, Colorado and several nieces, nephews, cousins and many friends. Services will be held on Oct. 24, 2018 at The Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Boulder City, Nev. Tributes may be made in her memory to The I Have A Dream Foundation – 5390 Manhattan Circle, Suite 100 – Boulder, Colorado 80303.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Parshall woman pleads guilty to stealing over $12,000 from City Market
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Grand County
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16: Parking too close; stealing electricity
- Grand Lake man faces litany of physical, sexual assault felony charges
- County envisions major airport expansion project