Judy Kay McElderry Benson Feb. 16, 1939 – July 24, 2014
July 31, 2014
Originally from Drakesville, Iowa, Judy settled in Grand County in 1988. She worked as the administrative assistant at Mountain Family Center for more than 20 years and thoroughly enjoyed her position. She devoted her life to loving God and serving Him.
She is survived by her kids: Larry (Micah) Benson of Granby, Helen Benson of Georgetown, and Connie (Kevin) Craft of Worland, Wyo. She is also survived by her beloved grandkids: Lauren Craft of North Liberty, Iowa, and Robert Benson of Granby.
A memorial service will be held at Winter Park Christian Church (274 Ponderosa Trail, Tabernash) on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, the family is asking that donations be made in Judy's name to Mountain Family Center (PO Box 638, Granby, CO 80446). Condolences can be sent to the family at PO Box 1971, Granby, CO 80446.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch