Obituary: David “Dougal” Lynn McDougal, Oct. 22, 1946 – Feb. 28, 2014
March 18, 2014
David "Dougal" Lynn McDougal, 66, died Feb. 28, 2014. He was born Oct. 22, 1946. He was the son of Vernon and Margaret McDougal. He attended Texas Tech University where he was a member of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity. He retired the owner of Dougal's Catering Service in Denver, and had previously owned restaurants in Winter Park and Grand Lake, Colo.
Dougal was active in the Colorado Restaurant Association and inducted into its Hall of Fame in 2007. He also served as national president of the International Caterer's Association and was a member of the Denver Rotary Club. Dougal was also the recipient of the "Good Neighbor" Samaritan Award from the National Restaurant Association. He was known for his generosity and the time he donated to worthwhile causes and was a one of the founders of the Shining Stars, an organization which provides recreational and social programs for children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his brother Dale McDougal and survived by his sisters Darlene Duncan, Diane Sargent, Shannon Pettus and special loved ones Nick Flores, and the numerous friends who cared for him throughout his illness.
A celebration of Dougal's life is planned for June 22, 2014, in Grand Lake, Colo. Please contact 303-903-4593 for details.
Memorial gifts may be donated to the Shining Stars Foundation, 24 County Road 524, Box 730, Tabernash, Co. 80478, Dougal's charity of choice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Resort’s Zephyr Express to be replaced by new 10-person gondola (with video)