Obituary: George Harold Barr, Dec. 13, 1938 – Dec. 21, 2013
March 13, 2014
George Barr, of Granby, Colo., died peacefully in Steamboat Springs, Colo., on Dec. 21, 2013, after a brief battle with bladder and prostate cancer. He was 75 years-old. George is survived by his children Susanne (Kevin) McEvoy of San Mateo, Calif., Tom Barr, of Mission, Kan., Marty Barr of Granby, Colo., Lauren Barr of Granby, Colo., and Georganne (Matt) Weber of Steamboat Springs, Colo. George is also survived by his 12 grandchildren.
George was born in Kansas City, Mo., on Dec. 13, 1938. He attended East High School, proudly served in the U.S. Air Force and was stationed in Darmstadt, Germany. Later attended U.M.K.C. School of Law and practiced law in Kansas City for many years before moving with his family to the mountains of Colorado that he so dearly loved. Here he started the pee wee football league, now the Wolverines, and established the first American Legion baseball team.
He will be fondly remembered by many for his youthful enthusiasm and fun-loving spirit and will be greatly missed by his family. A memorial service will be held spring 2014. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Grand County real estate transactions, from March 11-17