Obituary: Harry H. Hoisington, Jr., 1936-2013
January 1, 2014
Harry H. Hoisington, Jr., (also know as Colorado Slim) was born on August 5th, 1936, in Anamosa, Iowa. His parents were Dora and Harry Hoisington Sr. of Olin, Iowa. He graduated from Olin High School in 1954. He is survived by his sister Karen of East Forks, Minn., and a brother Kevin of Larimore, Nd., along with numerous nieces and nephews.
He worked at the Windy Gap Wildlife Reserve near Granby, Colo., for many years. He loved the parades and throwing candy to the little ones from his 1907 old music car pictured here. He loved living here and the people in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Donations may be made in his memory to the family. Send donations to: Kevin Hoisington, 1739 37th Street NE, Larimore, ND 58251.
Private services are planned at a later date. View Colorado Slim's webpage for more photos, or to send a condolence to the family at http://www.grandcountymortuary.com. Thank you to everyone that knew him and loved him. Karen and Kevin
Trending In: Obituaries
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced