Obituary: Richard J. Holzwarth 1928-2014
March 13, 2014
Rich Holzwarth died peacefully Monday Feb. 24, 2014, at his home in Winter Park. Rich was born April 19, 1928, in Cincinnati, Ohio, and was the only child of Bill and Elsie Holzwarth.
He was a U.S. Navy Veteran and served during World War II and the Korean War. He married Mil Jesse Oct. 2, 1954.
Rich attended Duke University, University of Chicago and the University of Cincinnati earning a Master's Degree in Biochemistry.
He founded Eastern Hills Clinical Laboratories in Cincinnati, Ohio, and served as President of American Association of Bio-Analysts.
Rich and Mil moved to Hideaway Park (Winter Park) with their three children Todd, Jan, and Brad in 1974. They purchased the former Tally Ho Inn from Ed and Beryl Parrington, renaming it the Arapahoe Ski Lodge.
Rich served as a volunteer firefighter and as Treasurer of East Grand Fire District for longer than 20 years, as well as volunteering for the Grand County Ambulance Service. He was an active member of the "Old Resort Association" Board.
Please join Mil, Todd and Brad Holzwarth, Jan and Greg Roman, and Grandsons Brian and Keith Roman at a memorial service to celebrate his life to be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, March 21, at the Church of the Eternal Hills. Donations may be made to Heart of the Mountains Hospice, Inc. PO Box 140, Hot Sulphur Springs, CO, 80451. http://www.grandcountymortuary.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park