Obituary: Robert ‘Bob’ Walker, 1919-2013
January 1, 2014
Robert "Bob" Walker, of Boca Raton, Fla., was reunited with his beloved wife Helen and son Stephen on Saturday, Sept. 14. He is survived by his four remaining children, Robert, Thomas, Katherine, and Jim; their spouses; nine grandchildren; and six beloved great-grandchildren: Cole, Jack, Max, Voden, Salvador, and Eva.
Born in Fort Morgan, on July 10, 1919, Bob grew up in Grand Junction where, as a high school junior, he was captain of the 1936 Grand Junction Tigers-one of the most successful high school football teams in Colorado history-before attending Colorado College. It was at CC where he got the chance to finally take Helen, whom he'd fallen in love with from afar during summer trips to Grand Lake, out for their first date. They married in 1941 and, after a brief stint in Laguna Beach, Calif., settled in Columbus, Ohio, with their five children.
Bob's favorite things were his wife and family, Ohio State football, and milkshakes; his family takes pleasure in picturing him now, sitting with Helen, watching the Buckeyes, chocolate milkshake in hand.
In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting that donations be made to the Rose McGill Fund of Kappa Kappa Gamma.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir