Obituary: Theodore ‘Ted’ Thompson
March 3, 2015
Theodore "Ted" Thompson, of Heeney passed away peacefully on Feb. 11, 2015.
Ted was born Feb. 3, 1949, in Ilwaco, Wash., to Ted and Martha Thompson. As a young boy, he moved to Aspen where he was a successful competitive cross country ski racer through high school. During his youth, he spent time in Summit County with his uncle and aunt, Max and Edna Dercum. After meeting his wife, they moved to the Heeney area. After a few odd jobs, he settled at Culbreath Ranches, working as a ranch hand until retirement. Ted was an accomplished photographer, writer, world traveler and outdoorsman. He had a passion for the mountains he lived, worked and hiked in.
Ted is survived by his brother, Stewart, son, Zach (Dessa), former wife, Mary, granddaughters Olivia and Willa, extended family and many close friends.
There will be a celebration this summer.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion