Reg Rhodes, 1971-2018
August 22, 2018
Reg Rhodes of Grand Lake died at home unexpectedly on Sunday, July 29, after a number of years struggling with debilitating, chronic, clinical depression.
Reg was born on March 27, 1971, to his parents Jon and Carol Rhodes of Harmony, Minn. Reg graduated from Harmony High School in 1989 and joined the U.S. Army National Guard for six years of service. He attended Winona Technical College for a two-year degree in Marine Mechanics and continued his education with workshops to achieve the title of Master Mechanic. Reg worked for many years at PowerWorld in Granby where he was employed at the time of his death.
Reg was a gentle, sensitive soul. He loved living in the Colorado Rockies and the Fraser Valley and was never far from a snowmobile or mountain bike. He loved blazing trails in the wilderness he cherished. In his lifetime, Reg was a dedicated wrestler, motocross racer, a fierce mountain biker competitor,, a conscientious worker, and a loving son and caring brother. Of prime importance during all of his life were his beloved dogs.
Reg is survived by his parents, Jon and Carol Rhodes of Harmony, Minn., a brother, Ryan, of Rochester, Minn., a nephew Aiden and niece Zoey. A family celebration of life will be held later this summer in Minnesota.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Parshall woman pleads guilty to stealing over $12,000 from City Market
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Grand County
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16: Parking too close; stealing electricity
- Grand Lake man faces litany of physical, sexual assault felony charges
- County envisions major airport expansion project