Stephen P. “Phil” Dwyer, 1934-2019
February 28, 2019
Phil Dwyer, 85, of Granby passed away Feb. 24, 2019 peacefully at home surrounded by loved ones.
Phil was born Feb. 9, 1934 in Trenton, New Jersey, to Stephen and Kathryn Dwyer.
Phil was retired as an Administrator for the New Jersey Department of Corrections and as Human Resources Administrator at The Inn at SilverCreek and C Lazy U Ranch.
He spent his life traveling the world with his wife, Jude. An avid photographer, he enjoyed singing "Irish" songs and spending time with family and friends.
Phil is survived by his wife Judith A. "Jude" of Granby; son Christopher and daughter in law Tina Dwyer of Florence, New Jersey; daughter Kathleen Masotti and son in law Kenneth Masotti of Weston, Massachusetts; sister Barbara Wood of Hamilton, New Jersey; grandchildren Philip and Stephen Dwyer, Ian and Courtney Masotti and several nieces and nephews.
He is predeceased by his brothers Paul and Daniel Dwyer.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Phil's name to the YVMCF (Jan Bishop Cancer Center, PO Box 883415 Steamboat Springs, CO 80488) or to Grand County Pet Pals, (PO) Box 1972 Granby, CO 80446).
The family would like to express enormous gratitude to the staff of Northwest Colorado Health for outstanding care and compassion extended to Phil and his family.
Memorial services to be determined.
Trending In: Obituaries
- BREAKING: Grand Lake home explosion overnight kills 1, another in serious condition
- Weather service forecasting more snow for Grand County
- Chasing the wind: The remarkable life and astounding adventures of freestyle skiing icon Bob Singley
- Kremmling man pleads guilty to 2018 car burglary spree across Grand County
- Fraser moving forward on Lions Ponds improvements