Check out the Veterans Choice Card
March 31, 2015
Of special interest to Veterans of the United States Military in Grand County is the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014.
Basically the program allows veterans living more than 40 straight-line miles from the nearest VA medical treatment facility (Golden Clinic) or those who have waited longer than 30 days for an appointment at your VA medical facility, to receive treatment at your local provider, so long as that provider is pre-approved. You, the veteran must verify your eligibility by calling 866-606-8198 for authorization.
For veterans in Grand County at this time the straight line miles distance from Granby to the closest VA medical facility (Golden Clinic) is 44.4 miles. The distance from Tabernash to Golden is less than 40 miles, thus eliminating the opportunity for local service.
Due to local concern from numerous veterans here in Grand County and throughout other areas in the state and country, VA is going to re-work the formula for mileage, and the criterion will change to the driving distance. That calculation is currently being looked at by VA.
As soon as that decision is announced, I will again publish that information.
If you have questions on this or any other concern please contact me at the Grand County Veterans Service Office or via phone at 970-725-3122 or 970-509-9024.
Thank you for your service to this great nation.
Duane Dailey is the Grand County Veterans Service Officer.
Trending In: Opinion
- Hamilton: Today’s America and Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Central View: USA: Banana or representative republic?
- Muftic: ‘Disgusted’: Donald Trump has lowered the bar for future presidential candidates
- Dalrymple : Why do appraisals take so long?
- Hamilton: President Trump and the hegelian dialectic (column)
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Grand County athletes wrap up Paralympic games in South Korea