March 17, 2016
Letter to the Editor:
Middle Park Medical Foundation sincerely thanks Sky-Hi News and the other 14 sponsors, 70 donors, 17 volunteers, and 170 ticket holders who supported our Inaugural B.A.S.H. ("Building A Superior Hospital") on March 5 at Snow Mountain Ranch. Experiencing our community united around the advancement of local healthcare was a true joy. As the first fundraising event of its kind in our Foundation's history, it was especially exciting and humbling to attain so much community support and a sell out crowd! Having Senator Randy Baumgardner and the Middle Park Fair & Rodeo Queen, Meghan Cameron, join us was a special treat. Many nonprofit organizations are in need of support, and we are honored that everyone involved chose to contribute to ours.
This year's B.A.S.H. grossed over $20,000! This funding will undoubtedly help achieve our vision of sustainable, comprehensive healthcare in our community. Proceeds from the event will specifically support the expansion of local surgical services to help keep healthcare at home and enhance our County's economy. Our Foundation is motivated by Margaret Mead's quote: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Thank you for joining our small group in making a large impact. We are excited about what the future holds as we progress with you as a valued partner dedicated to the health of our community.
Trending In: Opinion
- Shed antler hunting gets restrictions to reduce stress on wildlife
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch
- Mountain Parks Electric to build fiber-optic backbone for internet service
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners