Letter: John and Barb Rankin
March 23, 2016
Eligible Granby voters
To all eligible Granby voters: Please consider these facts. Currently Trustees are paid $250 per meeting or $500 per month. The Mayor is paid $400 per meeting or $800 per month. This pay is distributed whether they attend meetings or not. Plus, there is a statute that states if a Trustee has 3 unexcused absences, they are suspended from the Board. This has never been enforced. Consider David Miller –Lockwood. According to Deb Hess, Town Clerk, Mr. Miller-Lockwood has missed 20 meetings and attended 53 from 9/11/12 through the end of February. It is true that he was excused for National Guard meetings (for which he was paid for.) However, even beyond that he missed more meetings than any one else by a substantial amount. I currently serve on the Grand County Planning Commission of which we receive $75 only if we attend. I propose the Town Board amend their statutes to say, no attendance no pay.
We are supporting Rebecca (Becky) Johnson for Trustee and Paul Chavoustie for Mayor. Both agree one should be paid only for attendance. Both have attended many Trustees' meetings this past year to observe and learn.
We have known Becky for several years. She is a hard worker, honest, thoughtful thinker, good negotiator, and possesses a great personality. The same goes for Paul Chavoustie. I recently spent time asking Paul the hard questions. He wishes to do what is best for Granby over and above his own ambitions.
John and Barb Rankin
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Grand County athletes return home as Paralympic Games conclude; part-time local resident captures gold in men’s slalom