Looks like Old Man Winter has come to stay in Kremmling this time around
December 16, 2008
Apparently winter has decided to stay around our area for the duration this time. I always wait for the onset of cabin fever when the temperatures get this low.
The surest sign of the fever is that incessant pacing and desire for outdoor activities they wouldn’t consider when it was nice outdoors. I worry more about the dogs than my wife or son as we can get in the Jeep and go somewhere but our dogs have two basic choices, in or out.
Both dogs are the type that take off for the front door the moment you shift in your seat or make an unplanned noise of any kind. When I am standing by the front door holding it open for them and they barely manage to roll over in their doggie beds to ignore me, it is too cold. I do like their approach this year much more than the previous years of getting ready to go outside only to turn around 30 seconds later to go back in. Usually it only took about five or 10 minutes to forget the previous experience and they would be waiting by the door again.
Winter does bring its own type of fun with it, not the least of which is the upcoming holiday. I think it would be challenging to find a better atmosphere than gazing across our rolling snowfields at night to view the seasonal Christmas decorations. To add to the Christmas atmosphere within the town of Kremmling, Chamber members can participate in the Decorate Downtown contest. There will be prizes awarded but the intention is mainly just the fun of lighting up the town. The judging will take place Dec. 18, and I believe the Kremmling Chamber will announce the winners on the 19th.
On a more somber note I would like to mention the passing of community member Gary Breeze on Dec. 7. The funeral Mass was held at Saint Peters on Dec. 13. I did not know Gary personally but I think it is important to take a moment to say goodbye to those leaving us just as it is to say hello to those new members as they are born into our community. I wish Gary’s family and friends the best.
I will have much more for you next week as we get closer to the holidays so please continue to send me your local news and holiday wishes to Larry Ebersole at Amentalengineer@cs.com or P.O Box 564 Kremmling, CO 80459.
Trending In: Opinion
- Muftic: ‘Disgusted’: Donald Trump has lowered the bar for future presidential candidates
- Hamilton: Today’s America and Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Central View: USA: Banana or representative republic?
- Dalrymple : Why do appraisals take so long?
- Hamilton: President Trump and the hegelian dialectic (column)
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced