Medical center plans outreach efforts in 2015
January 20, 2015
Happy 2015 Grand County! First and foremost, thank you for trusting us with your care this past year. As we enter a new year, I want to briefly address some of the exciting developments that are going on at Middle Park Medical Center (MPMC).
In 2014, our overall revenue increased more than 20 percent from the previous year and net income improved by almost 250 percent. This helps to give us the ability to bring on more full-time staff and increase services that you have asked for as well as have a larger role in each community.
As we continue our efforts to expand services, we are excited to announce that pain management and neurosurgical services will be added in March. We are also excited to announce that we have recruited four new, full-time physicians to our medical staff.
Also in 2015, MPMC will introduce Community Town Hall meetings in Kremmling, Granby, Grand Lake, and Winter Park/Fraser. The purpose of these meetings is to listen to residents of Grand County as we seek to identify opportunities to expand services, improve billing (which has been a source of frustration for many residents), and become more engaged. We will also introduce a county-wide Community Advisory Council. This Council will meet three to four times each year to identify opportunities for us to become the premier community access hospital in Colorado.
Quite simply, MPMC wants residents of Grand County to be proud of our quality care and services. We want to be perceived as the "Hospital of Choice" because we offer high quality services by professionals who are compassionate and considerate. We want to reach out to YOU to help us continue to improve.
Finally, MPMC wants to partner with area independent physicians and other area health care organizations (like the Grand County Health Care Council), to identify opportunities to improve the overall well-being of the residents of Grand County. We want to address issues such as mental health, diabetes, and access to child care. We are committed to being a strong voice and provider of services which improve the health of our residents. We ask for your support. If you are aware of new service needs or concerns about existing services, please give me a call (970-724-3149).
We are excited about our accomplishments in 2014 and look forward to continuing our growth and development in 2015. May you and your family have a happy and healthy 2015.
David Ross is CEO of Middle Park Medical Center.
Trending In: Opinion
- Hamilton: Today’s America and Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Central View: USA: Banana or representative republic?
- Muftic: ‘Disgusted’: Donald Trump has lowered the bar for future presidential candidates
- Dalrymple : Why do appraisals take so long?
- Hamilton: President Trump and the hegelian dialectic (column)
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Grand County athletes wrap up Paralympic games in South Korea