Opinion | Letter: A rash of hate-Trump letters
September 10, 2018
What a rash of hate Trump letters recently.
First, the rant from Mr. Fisher. Fourteen column inches of rant. He derides Trump with every negative adjective in the dictionary. Mixed in are "facts" such as "spends nearly a third of his time golfing," "actions have resulted in felony convictions," "acts like the Constitution doesn't exist," and "pollutes our air with an average of two plus lies per day." So I guess that Mr. Fisher doesn't recognize a lie when he sees one.
Next, the 16 column inches from Ms. Blize wherein she attempts to take Mr. Digirolamo to task for defining racism as "…treating people differently because of their skin color or country of origin." She proceed to try to redefine racism with a tortured explanation that racism must be "supported by centuries of history, dogma, policy, voting practices, lending practices, etc." (The "etc." certainly leaves the door open to one's imagination.) Thus her conclusion that, "Only white people, in other words, can be 'racist" because we are the only ones backed by institutional history and support." She then proceeds to wander and rant much as Mr. Fisher.
Thirdly, the modest and fairly rational 10 column-inches by Ms. Ehrlich on socialism. She cites the Scandinavian countries for a model of how socialism is "enjoyed great success and are loved by their citizens." I assume that Ms. Ehrlich did a scientific poll to support such a claim. I also assume that she is not aware that those countries have been backing off from "taking from the 'rich" to give to those who will vote for them" because they have found that it cannot be afforded.
I'd add that I'm delighted that the Sky-Hi News policy will not accept anonymous letters.
Frank Watts, Grand County
Trending In: Opinion
- Hamilton: Today’s America and Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Hamilton: President Trump and the hegelian dialectic (column)
- The Fitness Trail: Cognitive, Associative and Autonomous – The Three Stages of Learning
- Opinion | Hamilton: Spygate: Sedition, coup d’état, or what?
- Opinion | Letter: Mountain Parks Electric is good at spinning their story
- Parshall woman pleads guilty to stealing over $12,000 from City Market
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Grand County
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16: Parking too close; stealing electricity
- Grand Lake man faces litany of physical, sexual assault felony charges
- County envisions major airport expansion project