Opinion | Letter: Renewable energies the future
October 29, 2018
This summer we have had three devastating fires in Grand County – Golf Course fire near Grand Lake, Sugarloaf Fire and Silver Creek Fire west of Kremmling. Many people had to be evacuated. Luckily, no one died. And many thanks go out to all the firefighters defending these fires.
Yes, changes to our climate have hit hard in Grand County. With all of our dead lodge pole pines (due to our extended drought and warmer than average temperatures) and now major fires, we are feeling the effects of the changes in our climate.
Individually, many of us have sought the means to combat changes in our climate by using renewable energies such as solar and wind instead of fossil fuels. Now we have a candidate for governor, Jared Polis, who wants to make renewable energies the future for Colorado. Jared Polis has been a good representative in the U.S. House of Representatives for Grand County. Now he can help us even more as Governor of Colorado with his ideas of moving our state towards renewable energies. Please support Jared Polis when you mark your ballot for this Nov. 6 election.
Also, any candidate who is concerned about change in our climate and who supports renewable energies is worthy of your vote.
Martha Hut and Jon Rosen, Tabernash
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America
- CORRECTED: Plans delayed for Pearl Dragon to move downtown
- Does cannabis cost or pay? Study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Mountain Parks Electric raising rates in the new year
- Taco therapy: Tabernash food stand ‘spreadin’ the love’ — one taco at a time