Ricketts – Colorado Mountain Connections
November 10, 2009
Here at Colorado Mountain College in Grand County we hope to keep you up to date on all the current programs we have and those we hope to begin.
We offer free GED Preparation classes at the Granby Library. The classes run from 4-8 p.m. on Mondays. Students of all ages can come at anytime to receive tutoring in preparation for the GED test.
We also offer ESL classes, also at the Granby Library, on Wednesdays from 5:30-9:30 p.m. These are also free and not only do students receive help with English skills, we often have guest speakers, such as Bill Housley, chief of police in Granby, or one of our Public Health Nurses talking about the many health concerns.
Another class we offer, which is a college credit level class, is a series in Early Childhood Education. These classes are designed for current and future caregivers in Grand County to not only receive their licensing, but also to improve the care of our children.
We are excited about our upcoming move to East Grand Middle School. East Grand School District and Jeff Verosky, principal at East Grand Middle School, have graciously offered us a room, which means we can begin to offer even more opportunities.
Thanks to the Department of Human Services we have been given a state-of-the-art computer lab that we hope to have up and running in a few weeks. We plan to take advantage of this by working with the Colorado Workforce in offering various levels of computer classes for qualified workers. We also hope to offer more advanced levels of computer classes, such as Quickbooks, for workers wishing to improve their skills.
These classes will begin the first week of December. In addition, the computer lab will be utilized during our GED and ESL classes and we will begin to offer CMC online college level classes for the Grand County Community.
– Colorado Mountain College is excited to be a presence in Grand County. If you have any questions about these programs or suggestions about how we can help this county, please contact Gina Ricketts at 970-531-1078.
Trending In: Opinion
- Muftic: ‘Disgusted’: Donald Trump has lowered the bar for future presidential candidates
- Hamilton: Today’s America and Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Central View: USA: Banana or representative republic?
- Dalrymple : Why do appraisals take so long?
- Hamilton: President Trump and the hegelian dialectic (column)
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally