White, Grand Country Republican Assembly article
March 24, 2016
Randy's suggestion that I will simply act as a spoiler in the Senate District 8 race couldn't be further from the truth. He says I will split the Republican vote and the seat will then go to the Democrat. Wrong! Given my ten years of legislative service to NW Colorado I expect to get a significant number of Republican votes. But most of what I have accomplished over those ten years was district and not party oriented. Consequently, I expect to also receive many Democratic votes and, of course, a large percentage of unaffiliated votes and I will with the seat. In the five years I served as Director of the Tourism Office, Colorado set records every year for visitation, spending and taxes collected. In 2014 the Colorado Tourism Office was awarded the best state tourism bureau in the United States by 30,000 travel agents. Those outstanding results are not partisan results. They are jobs for the economies in NW Colorado.
When the Rifle Correctional Facility in Garfield County was slated for closure by the Department of Corrections in 2009, as a member of the Joint Budget Committee, I was able to work with the DOC and keep the facility open, saving those jobs and other benefits it still provides to the community. In 2010 I was able to secure $23 million in funding to build a Colorado Northwest Community College campus in Craig. Nonpartisan jobs for the economy and access to higher education in rural Colorado were the result. All of those, and much, much, more represent some of my non-partisan accomplishments that directly benefited the citizens of Senate District 8. I am running as an unaffiliated candidate to prove that neither a D, nor an R behind my name are necessary to fairly and competently represent SD8 and its citizens of all political parties.
Trending In: Opinion
- Hamilton: Today’s America and Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Central View: USA: Banana or representative republic?
- Muftic: ‘Disgusted’: Donald Trump has lowered the bar for future presidential candidates
- Dalrymple : Why do appraisals take so long?
- Hamilton: President Trump and the hegelian dialectic (column)
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Grand County athletes wrap up Paralympic games in South Korea