Police: Toddler ate marijuana cookies | SkyHiNews.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Police: Toddler ate marijuana cookies

DENVER (AP) – Denver police say a 2-year-old boy was hospitalized after eating cookies that contained marijuana.

Court records show 25-year-old Denitra Vigil brought her son to the hospital on March 19 after he appeared unusually sleepy. Hospital officials said marijuana’s active ingredient, THC, was found in his system.

Records show Vigil said her son climbed on a chair in the kitchen and opened the freezer, where the cookies were kept in a bag. Police say Vigil didn’t know how many cookies the boy ate.

Child Protective Services told police that he was lethargic through the night, but stable.

KMGH-TV in Denver reports that Vigil was arrested on a misdemeanor child abuse charge and released on a $10,000 bond.

Vigil’s attorney declined comment to KMGH-TV Thursday.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grand County make the Sky-Hi News' work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User