Schowalter – Let’s get rid of Obama, job destroyer
To the Editor:
Obama says jobs, jobs, and jobs, but if you look at this record he is a job destroyer.
He put 100,000 oil workers out of business in the deep offshore. Those jobs are coming back very slowly because of the cumbersome new permit process that was put in place. He has also reduced onshore oil and gas leasing by 75 percent and put in more regulations, which has reduced drilling onshore. Obama also shut down several coal powered electrical plants that had been previously and properly approved, directly destroying more jobs.
In South Carolina he put 1,000 Boeing workers out of business when he shut down the new Boeing plant. This has truly scary consequences for U.S. manufacturing. What company would build a plant in the U.S. when the government can step in after it is built and tell them that you built in the wrong state?
New EPA regulations on CO2 and mercury emissions for coal plants that Obama has put in place will drastically raise all energy cost, particularly electricity. Higher energy costs kill jobs as the costs of all goods and services goes up, making our products less competitive. Ethanol subsidies have raised the costs of all foods, which have put food processors out of business. In Colorado the Butterball turkey plant just closed after being in business for 60 years, because of high feed costs.
And when Obama says jobs, jobs, jobs just remember he really just means jobs for union workers. His stimulus bill required that full union contractors do all projects. His new infrastructure bill will require the same. As only 10 percent of the private sector work force is union, he doesn’t really care about the other 90 percent of the country. With this union requirement he also cost the country billions of dollars as union project cost 30 percent more. The stimulus money could have gone a lot further if the projects had been opened up to truly competitive bidding.
In summary, Obama has no idea how the private sector works and how jobs are created. The advisers he has chosen don’t either, as 90 percent of his cabinet and czars have never had a private-sector job. The main long-term jobs Obama has created are the 200,000 un-needed new federal workers. These workers cost the taxpayers 20 Billion dollars a year, forever. The country can’t stand another four years of Obama.
Tim T. Schowalter
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
The Sky-Hi News strives to deliver powerful stories that spark emotion and focus on the place we live.
Over the past year, contributions from readers like you helped to fund some of our most important reporting, including coverage of the East Troublesome Fire.
If you value local journalism, consider making a contribution to our newsroom in support of the work we do.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The city of Craig in January settled a lawsuit alleging excessive force against two officers over a 2018 tasing incident, the second civil rights complaint of its type filed against police force members since July.