Ski Granby Ranch donates 850 pounds of food to MFC
GRANBY — Ski Granby Ranch donated 850 pounds of food to Grand County nonprofit Mountain Family Center (MFC) through its annual “Carve Away Hunger” food drive, according a prepared statement.
The drive encouraged ranch visitors to donate non-perishable food items during opening week in exchange for discounted lift tickets. MFC distributes the food to the community and to schoolchildren, grades K-8, who experience food insecurities at home.
According to Wenda Huseman, vice president of marketing & sales at Granby Ranch, this year’s drive bested last year’s effort by more than 300 pounds.
“Granby Ranch is founded on the principles of community – one that extends beyond our own neighborhoods to the businesses and residents of Grand County,” said Huseman. “It’s heartwarming to see such a tremendous outpouring of support for such a worthy cause, especially during the holiday season.”
The annual food drive is just one of the ways Granby Ranch gives back to the local community, says Huseman. Other initiatives include:
• Founding member of the Grand Foundation, annual cash and in-kind donations
• Financially support the Grand Enterprise Initiative
• Host the Bonfire Warriors program annually
•Mountain access and staff support to Middle Park High School’s ski team training program
• Grand county students ski and ride free on Fridays
• Ranch to Ranch XC Ski Trek to support Grand County youth
• Financially support the Granby community fireworks 4th of July display
• $378,000 to the Town of Granby for downtown enhancements and park facilities
• 55 acres of land donated to support new ball fields, future recreation center, future affordable housing, and to build the Middle Park Medical Center
“We give back because we believe that the success and prosperity of our neighbors elevates all of us.” Huseman adds, “As we like to say, ‘A rising tide lifts all boats.’”
Learn more about Granby Ranch visit at http://www.granbyranch.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.