Sky-Hi News wins 21 awards at annual CPA conference
Colorado’s Press Association held its annual conference, including the press awards ceremony, over the weekend in Colorado Springs.
Sky-Hi News received a total of 21 awards at the yearly event including six first place awards and 15 second place awards. Out of the 21 total awards received by the Sky-Hi News staff eight were given for advertising, seven were given for editorial content and writing, five were given for newspaper and website design and one award was given for photography.
Individual awards are as follow:
- Second place – Best Small Space Ad: Grand Lake Fire – Sky-Hi News Staff
- First place –Best Automotive Ad: Hilly’s Hooker Service – Sky-Hi News Staff
- First place – Best Real Estate Ad: Remax Peak to Peak – Sky-Hi News Staff
- Second place – Best Real Estate Ad: God Bless America – Sky-Hi News Staff
- Second place – Best Health Care Ad: Comprehensive Rehabilitation – Sky-Hi News Staff
- Second Place – Best Large Space Ad: Fully Circle Cyclery – Sky-Hi News Staff
- Second Place – Best Advertising Special Section: Explore Grand Winter 2017 – Sky-Hi News Staff
- First Place – Best Newspaper/Home Ad Promotion: First Amendment – Sky-Hi News Staff
- Second place – Best Environmental Story: Company asks for huge molybdenum increase in local drinking, ag water – Lance Maggart
- Second place – Best News Story: The fate of skiing – Sawyer D’Argonne
- Second place – Best Series: Local housing crisis series – Bryce Martin, Sawyer D’Argonne, Lance Maggart
- Second place – Best Editorial Special Section – Newsprint: Best of Grand – Sky-Hi News Staff
- Second place – Best Serious Column Writing: Some hard truths about housing – Bryce Martin
- First place – Online Breaking News: Authorities seize Granby Ranch – Lance Maggart
- Second place – Online Breaking News: Woman arrested after fleeing scene – Lance Maggart
NEWSPAPER & WEBSITE DESIGN
- Second place – Best Website – Weekly – Sky-Hi News Staff
- First place – Best News Page Design: Trash talk, Oct. 27 front page – Bryce Martin
- First place – Best Feature Page Design: Art of the climb, July 14, front page – Sky-Hi News Staff
- Second place – Best Feature Page Design: Top 5 drives for fall foliage – Sky-Hi News Staff
- First place – Best Informational Graphic: Tracking Illsley (map) – Bryce Martin
- Second place – Best News Photograph: Honoring service – Lance Maggart
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grand County make the Sky-Hi News' work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User