Athlete of the Week: Mallory Milstead
May 20, 2016
Name: Mallory Milstead
Age: 17, Senior at Middle Park High School
Favorite part about being on the track team: It is cool to see how each person grows. We are building a family together. The team is so diverse that I met new people I didn't really know before.
Milstead has been running the 800 since eighth grade. She is on the 4X4 meter sprint team.
She will be heading to Fort Hays State University, a D2 school, on an athletic and academic scholarship in the fall.
At the Colorado State Track and Field Championships at Jefferson Stadium this week she will be running the 4X8.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced
- Board approves Fraser River plan, detailing $6.5M in improvements
- Kremmling chamber director resigns from position