Bowling leagues forming now
May 24, 2012
If you’ve picked up the 7-10 split on the Wii, now’s your opportunity to do it for real.
Bowling Leagues will be forming soon, both at Grand Lake Lanes and also at the new cinema and bowling center in Fraser.
The primary goals of a bowling league are to have fun, socialize and enjoy some indoor recreation.
There’s a strong charitable side to the bowling organization as well. Each season, other nonprofits are selected as recipients for fundraising efforts from games and contests each league conducts weekly. For example, at the last Grand County Advocates meeting, local bowling board members presented a $275 check to the Advocates from fundraising by Louie’s Ladies, Ladybugs and Friday Night Mixer leagues.
The Grand County USBC Bowling Association may be the oldest nonprofit in the county, organizing league play and tournaments for nearly 60 years.
Those interested in joining the bowling association should contact the association manager Becky Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit GC USBC BA on Facebook at Bowling In Grand County Colorado.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced
- Board approves Fraser River plan, detailing $6.5M in improvements
- Kremmling chamber director resigns from position