Cast and Blast ‘N Twang in Granby
July 12, 2016
Women interested in learning the basics of fly fishing, archery and how to handle a shotgun safely are invited to a women only 'Cast, Blast and Twang' clinic in Granby, Sunday, July 31. Designed for novices 18-and-older, no experience or equipment is required. Participants are reminded that the class is not a Hunter Education course, which is required to purchase a hunting license. Anyone that attends should dress for the elements and bring all necessary supplies, including water, insect repellent and sunscreen. Lunch, snacks and drinks will be provided.
Cast, Blast and Twang is offered through Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Hunter Outreach Program. The program includes workshops, clinics, seminars and educational hunts that focus on teaching the skills, ethics and traditions of hunting to novice youth and women.
The class fee is $20 and pre-registration is required. Call Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Hot Sulphur Springs office at 970-725-6200 to register. Space is limited and the seminar is expected to fill quickly. Location and additional details provided upon registration.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park