Come back in summer to ride
December 11, 2015
The trail system in and around the Town of Winter Park is not only huge but still continues to improve every year. Many people tend to think of the Trestle Bike Park when as statement like this is made. Trestle has some best downhill mountain biking trails in North America but the hidden secrete is that the cross country riding from downtown Winter Park actually access far more miles of trails and accesses one of the largest mountain bike trail systems in the world. These are the same trails that you fat bike, snowmobile and cross country ski in the winter yet the foundation and vision for those trails is predominately from the actions of the summer users.
If you haven't had a chance to ride the trails in the summer you really need to come back and do that. "I came for the winters but stayed for the summer" resounds strongly when you explore the Fraser Valley on your bike. When asked where I go on vacation most often my response is that I live in a vacation wonderland and every day allows me to "be on vacation" with my bike.
There are hundreds of miles of trails for visitors to explore regardless of the season. Be sure to check out the Epic Singletrack Race Series website epicsingletrack.com, one of the best summer race series in the country, and come back in summer to ride after fat biking our trails in winter.
Keith Sanders is the President of the Grand Mountain Bike Alliance, 3x US National Mountain Bike Champion and owner of Beavers Sports Shop. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Grand County athletes return home as Paralympic Games conclude; part-time local resident captures gold in men’s slalom