Durango shuts out Kremmling’s Cattle King Midgets
February 22, 2008
Last weekend was another rough one for Kremmling’s Midget Major A hockey team.
Playing on the ice at the Chapman Hill Rink, the Cattle Kings fell 6-0 to Durango’s Midget team on Saturday, Feb. 16. The defeat followed on the heels of the Kremmling team’s doubleheader losses to Gunnison the previous weekend.
Saturday’s game opened with Durango earning its first goal after about three minutes of play. The Cattle Kings’ defense stiffened after that preventing any further attempts on the goal in the first period.
But that quickly changed in the second period as Durango’s Midgets went back on the attack. They added two more goals after less than four minutes of play. Before the period ended, Durango stretched its lead with a third goal.
Kremmling’s players tried to get back into the game, but all of their attempts on the goal failed to find the net. Before the game ended, Durango put two more points on the scoreboard in the third period.
Cattle Kings goalie Richard Gamblin made 22 saves.
Squirts tie and lose
In other hockey action Saturday, Kremmling’s Squirt C team tied one game and lost a second.
The Cattle Kings took on Oak Creek’s Squirts in a morning game. It was a hard-fought contest that ended in a 4-4 tie.
After taking a break, Kremmling’s Squirts returned to the ice Saturday afternoon to play Vernal. Despite a good effort, the Cattle Kings lost the game 7-1.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion