October 8, 2015
The browns are chasing streamers and minnow type crank baits in the evenings and after dark. Low light hours have produced some very nice fish lately.
The lake trout are starting to move shallow, small tubes, power bait twister tails and white gulp minnows have been producing very well.
Pike will start hitting crank baits as the water cools. The boat ramps will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until Oct. 31 at Williams Fork.
The fishing report is brought to you by "Fishing with Bernie" (www.fishingwithbernie.com). Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide in the Middle Park area for over 20 years.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Trophies, cash and fun times on the ice at the 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Grand County Trail of the Week: High Lonesome Hut
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Resident has heated exchange with county over Henderson mill revaluation
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Letter: Trying to mislead the public