Fishing Report: Area lakes still hot
July 9, 2015
Area lakes are fishing great. As the lake trout move deeper they will still hit 2-5" jigs tipped with a small piece of sucker meat. Rainbows and browns are hitting small spoons near the shore in the evening. As the fish are rising, cast your spoons to their ring.
The rivers are dropping, dry flies will be a great option in the evening.
Grand Lake is fishing very well for 15-20" lake trout along with an occasional large fish. Browns are still cruising the shorelines, crank baits are working well.
Pike in Williams fork have been hitting topwater lures in the afternoon.
The fishing report is brought to you by "Fishing with Bernie" (www.fishingwithbernie.com).
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Grand County athletes wrap up Paralympic games in South Korea