Fraser boarder wins gold in USASA halfpipe
April 13, 2011
Lydia Silber of Fraser took home the gold medal in the halfpipe at USASA Nationals at Copper Mountain. Her winning run included a front 3, a cab 3 and a variance of grabs consistently at the lip. Cambria Ordean of Park City, Utah, and Emilie-Kate Robinson Leith of Pennington, N.J., joined her on the podium.
The USASA Nationals is the largest snowboard and ski competition in the world, drawing 1,600 competitors for 10 days of action. Snowboarders competed from April 2-7 in five disciplines: slopestyle, halfpipe, boardercross, slalom, and giant slalom each day during the week.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion