Golf League Results
July 7, 2015
Pole Creek Ladies
On Thursday, July 2, the Pole Creek ladies golf league enjoyed the spectacular weather, and beautiful course playing a No Foolin' tournament. The league was divided into two flights based on their handicaps: First Flight 0-25, Second Flight 26-plus. After they completed their round they subtracted par 72 from their gross score. The winning scores were: First Flight: 1st Place Susie Noel, 9; 2nd Place Susan Odneal, 10; 3rd Place Maggy Helm, 16. Second Flight: 1st Place Beth Daniel, 17; 2nd Place Sue Brooks, 20; 3rd Place Sandy Williams, 22. Julie Richards and Mary Byerrum had the fewest putts with 29. Susan Odneal had two chip-ins and Christy Downing, Katie Simpson and Pat Riddell all had one.
Grand Lake men
On Wednesday, July 1, the Grand Lake Men's club held it's annual "Firecracker Red/White/Blue" golf tournament with the following results recorded. The first place team, with a combined score of 117, consisted of Jack Eggleston, Bob Dill, Tom Jenkins and Erv Graham. In second place, with a combined score of 121, was the team of Ted Foster, Gary Littlefield and John Murray. Honorable mention must go to the third place team (125) of Mike Montgomery, Ed Peterson and Bill Appleby as well as the fourth place team (126) of Skip Peck, Tom Phipps and Ray Hauschel. All the folks in the other seven teams can take heart and remember that "there is always next year." Good luck!
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced