Golf league updates
August 15, 2016
On Tuesday, August 9, the Nifty Niners enjoyed another beautiful day at the Grand Lake Golf Course. They played a game of "Toss A Hole" and the following ladies were the winners: 1st Place – Nancy Smith, 2nd Place – Gladys Howard, 3rd Place – Linda Gardner, 4th place – Sue Ronald and 5th Place was a tie between Vicki Nessen and Barb Koenig. Nancy Smith had a par on #5 and Gladys Howard experienced an "all around great day" when she won both the Putt and Chip-in Pots.
Pole Creek Ladies
On Thursday August 11 the Pole Creek Ladies golf league enjoyed a cool summer day playing a "Low Gross/ Low Net" tournament. After the Ladies completed their 18-hole round they totaled their gross score and subtracted their full handicap to get their net score. The winners were: Low Gross 1st Place Susie Noel 79, 2nd Place Pat Riddell 91, 3rd Place Lori Myers 92. Low Net 1st Place Beth Daniel 66, 2nd Place Andrea Singleton 68, 3rd Place Tie} Cathy Malone 69, Julie Sawyer 69, Sue Seemann 69. Susie Noel had the fewest putts with 30. There were no chip ins this week so the pot will increase for another week. The Ladies are playing their annual two-day Club Championship tournament next.
Grand Lake Golf Course
Grand Lake Golf Course had their fifth hole-in-one of the year on June 12. Last year there was only one. Dwight "Ike" Hull, of Grand Lake, just began playing golf this summer. On Friday, June 12, Ike hit a hole-in-one with a 6-iron on #11. From the yellow tees, 103 yards away, the pin is uphill and therefore a blind hole. After hitting, Ike thought he had a good shot, but could not find his ball. After searching for a few minutes, one of his buddies said, "Hey guys, there's a ball in the hole!"
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- New summer tubing hill nears completion at Snow Mountain Ranch
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Ice Rinks of Grand County
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch