Golf league updates
August 30, 2016
Fall was definitely in the air as the Nifty Niners teed-off on Tuesday morning, August 23. Even though the temperature didn't change much throughout the morning, everyone enjoyed playing the game of "Pitch Two." The winners were: Nancy Smith – 1st. Place,
Sue Ronald – 2nd Place, Lynn Turnquist and Deb Sisung shared 3rd Place, Lucette Kottcamp and Gladys Howard tied for 4th. and last but not least was Vicki Nessan in 5th Place. Gladys Howard won the "Putt Pot" for the third week in a row. "Congrats to her!!
Grand Lake Mens Golf Club
On August 24 and 25 the Grand Lake Mens Golf Club held their Annual Championship Tournament. The Club Champion was Larry Burks with a gross score of 78/76, total 154. The 'Net' Club Champion was Mike Montgomery with a score of 70/68, total 138. The Flight 3 winner was Todd Mayfield with a total 139 and the Flight 4 winner was John Murray with a total 142. Congratulations to the winners! Following the tournament, cocktails and delicious appetizers were served up by the Sly Fox Restaurant followed by a fabulous dinner of Sirloin steak, Salmon, Chicken and dessert. The event concluded the official 2016 Men's Club season.
Pole Creek Ladies
On Thursday August 25 the Pole Creek Ladies golf league played a "Partner Relay" tournament. Each two-person team recorded the lower handicap partner's Net score for the odd holes and the higher handicap partner's Net score for the even holes. The winning teams were: 1st Place Tie} Helen Brown & Sandy Williams 74, Linda Moore& Mary Regehr 74, Susan Odneal & Madelyne Stevens 74. 2nd Place: Pat Riddell & Andrea Singleton 75. 3rd Place: Marie Johannes & Cathy Malone 76. Linda Moore and Jeanne Anne MacDonald had the fewest putts with 31. Carol Stott and Susie Noel shared the large chip in pot.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Grand County Trail of the Week: High Lonesome Hut
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- NSCD Celebrates its 41st annual event
- Trophies, cash and fun times on the ice at the 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Union Pacific Railroad gets cease and desist order after illegal discharge into Fraser River
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Resident has heated exchange with county over Henderson mill revaluation
- Mountain Rescue | Avalanche danger: Know before you go