Granby ‘Disc Dogs’ performance features world champion canine
August 1, 2008
The Colorado Disc Dogs will amaze spectators with twists, turns, catches and jumps on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Granby Ranch’s Headwaters Golf Course Driving Range.
The free performance will include “freestyle,” a routine choreographed to music that involves different throws and tricks, and “catch and toss,” a fast-paced competition to see how many Frisbees can be caught by the dog in one minute.
The dogs performing are not typical dogs. Maggie (pictured) is a two time and current Colorado State Champion, two time and current UFO World Cup Champion, and this year, she’s ranked No. 1 in the world. Other dogs in attendance are celebrities in their own right with appearances on Animal Planet, ESPN and ESPN2, and performances during halftime shows for many of Colorado’s professional teams, including the Rockies, Nuggets and Rapids.
In addition to the crowd-pleasing performance by the Colorado Disc Dogs, Granby Ranch will be hosting the Colorado State Mountain Bike Championships, the sixth stop for the Mountain States Cup Championship Series Aug. 1-3 at SolVista Bike Park. Competitions will run Saturday and Sunday in cross-country (XC), dual slalom (DS), downhill (D) and super downhill (SD).
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion