Granby " East Grand Middle School ramps up for fall sports
August 13, 2008
East Grand Middle School will be starting its fall sports season over the next couple of weeks.
The first practice for the Cubs football team will be on Wednesday, Aug. 20, at the middle school. The school building will be open to participants at 4 p.m. Practice runs from 4:30-6 p.m.
The East Grand Middle School volleyball team’s first practice is slated for Wednesday, Aug. 27, at the middle school. The building will be open at 4 p.m. with the practice running from 4:30 -6 p.m.
The Cubs cross country runners will also hold their first practice of the season on Wednesday, Aug. 27. The times are the same as for the volleyball team.
The first competitions for all three teams are scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 6.
Before beginning the practice sessions, all fall sports athletes must make sure they have a current physical, parental permission form and a $35 participation fee. Physicals are good for only one year.
“Even if you don’t have all of your forms and physicals, you can still come and watch so that you don’t get behind,” said Jim Karas, athletic director for East Grand Middle School.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Students walk out at Middle Park High School in support of Parkland shooting victims
- Alterra plans $555 million in capital investments over next five years, including at Winter Park Resort