Granby " Lady Panthers earn home court advantage for divisional playoff battle
February 23, 2009
The Lady Panthers wrapped up their regular season on Tuesday, Feb. 17, by defeating Sheridan 63-56 with a total team effort.
Senior Emily Abbott lead the scoring with 12 points followed by Kristin VanHorn with 11. Rachel Linke, Lihla Clancy and Shelley McLean each added 8 .
Great pressure defense was applied by Cindy Hobbs, McCall Linke, Brittnay Gardner and Lisa Hobbs.
The Panthers never gave up the lead and maintained their composure despite Sheridan’s efforts.
The Panthers end their regular season in first place in the West Division in the Frontier League. This will give Middle Park a bye in the first round of the divisional playoffs and home court advantage.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Local riders shine at Snowboard Nationals
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- The Doe Creek loop makes a satifsying Grand County day hike
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Freeskiing phenom Birk Irving, 15, medals in Italy
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- Highway 40 opens after two-car crash
- Development team announces construction of new $500K townhomes at Granby Ranch base camp
- Letter: Brower ‘misrepresents circumstances’ of Tom Hale