Granby " Lucky day at Grand Elk begins with hole-in-one
August 24, 2008
Wednesday evening, Aug. 20, was an especially lucky day for Jim Glenn, broker/owner of local real estate firm, Glenn Realty.
Jim and friend, Dr. Larry Peterson, determined to get in some practice before an upcoming tournament, teed off around 5:15 p.m. “The weather was just perfect,” Jim said. “No wind, very calm.” The shot was made with a 6 iron on Hole No. 2 and traveled 168 yards. When the golfers arrived on the green, they looked all around, but no ball. “Larry and I looked at each other and said do you think it might be in the hole? Well, there it was.”
And that’s not all. Jim’s streak of luck continued with an eagle on Hole No. 4. “Those were my best holes ever. I might just never play again,” he quipped.
Also of note, this was not Jim’s first hole-in-one. His first was way back in 1983.
Ending a very satisfying day, Jim and Larry headed back to the Clubhouse after finishing 9 holes to celebrate with drinks all around. Congratulations, Jim.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Students walk out at Middle Park High School in support of Parkland shooting victims
- Winter Park Resort’s Zephyr Express to be replaced by new 10-person gondola (with video)
- Winter Park’s Hideaway Station gets Governor’s Award for best new downtown addition