Granby: Middle Park soccer standout Strang signs letter of intent with Adams State
February 8, 2008
Cassie Strang, a senior at Middle Park High School, has signed a letter of intent to accept an athletic scholarship from Adams State College in Alamosa.
The scholarship is for Strang to play soccer. She signed the letter of intent Tuesday at the high school.
“I’m really excited to receive this scholarship,” Strang said. “This is something I’ve always dreamed of and wanted. When I get on the Adams State team, I promise to play hard.”
Once she begins her college career next fall, Strang plans to have a double major in psychology and nutrition and minor in personal training/physical therapy.
Strang has been a member of Middle Park High’s girls soccer team for the past four years and will be its captain this spring. She has also been the captain of the Lady Panthers volleyball team and Middle Park High’s Spirit Team.
Coach Molly Sargent of the Lady Panthers soccer team praised Strang at Tuesday’s signing ceremony.
“We are thrilled and proud over the awarding of this scholarship to Cassie who has earned it through her hard work, determination and commitment,” Sargent said. “She has already made a positive impact upon our program, and we look forward to her great accomplishments in her senior year. We wish her the best in her college endeavors.”
Cassie is the daughter of Norm and Tina Strang of Hot Sulphur Springs.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park