Granby " Seventh-grade volleyball team overcomes 19-11 deficit to win tournament
April 29, 2008
A club volleyball team whose members are East Grand Middle School seventh-graders pulled off a come-from-behind victory to win the 14’s Division VII Regional Volleyball Tournament at Colorado Springs on Sunday, April 20.
In the crucial championship game, the East Grand team had gotten into trouble, trailing their opponents 19-11. But digging deep, they rallied and went strongly on the attack to eventually win the game 25-19.
“Talk about awesome,” said Nicci Guerrieri, who coaches the team with Janzy Crane. “These seventh grade girls are definitely the description of awesome. To come back from a 19-11 deficit and win the championship game 25-19, shows just how committed these girls are to the game and each other.”
Guerrieri said the win at the regionals is the culmination of the team’s work over the past several months.
“It’s been exciting to see just how much dedication, desire, and discipline these girls have shown the past eight months during club volleyball,” she said. “They’ve developed the skills, but what they demonstrated was more than just skill, it was pure heart and determination to come out on top. Watch out, Middle Park, girls that love the game and love to work hard are coming your way.”
The players on the East Grand club volleyball team are: Hanna Ziegler, Lindsay Lowers, Kelly Allen, Kayleigh Busse, Logan Neiberger, Karly Mulloy Abbey Wise, Kelly Stefanski and Lindsey Findley.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park