Grand County gymnasts, Alpine Aerials, earn berths in State Competition
July 29, 2010
Thirteen gymnasts from the Alpine Aerials Gymnastics Team qualified at regionals this past weekend for the state competition July 30-31.
The competition and judging were rigorous and scores were tight, but the girls used their focus, discipline, determination and skills to get them to the podium.
The gymnasts performed some of their best routines of the season on floor exercise, balance beam, vault and uneven parallel bars.
The top six places in each level and age group move onto the state competition.
Alpine Aerial girls who qualified for state are:
Level 4 Compulsory: Paige Romero, floor exercise; Alison Skare, balance beam.
Level 5 Compulsory: Delayne Neiberger, vault.
Optional Level 1: Katrina Quinn, balance beam and uneven bars; Robin Peterson, all around (all 4 events); Nicole Rhodes, all around (all 4 events); Danielle Keen, balance beam and vault; and Megan Lovato, uneven parallel bars.
Optional Level 2: Jo Quinn, floor exercise.
Optional Level 3: Brianne Eatough, all around (All 4 events); Jenna Curran, balance beam and vault.
Optional Level 4: Olivia Butryomovich, Floor Exercise; Ashley Matney, all around (all 4 events)
The girls will continue to perfect their routines in preparation for the State Championship Meet this weekend at the Cherry Creek High School in Denver, where 29 teams will compete.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Students walk out at Middle Park High School in support of Parkland shooting victims
- Alterra plans $555 million in capital investments over next five years, including at Winter Park Resort
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion