Grand County Nordic season winds down
April 1, 2010
April 11 is closing day and all winter gear is now on sale up to 50 percent discount. Call Devil’s Thumb Activities Center 970-726-8231 for current conditions and updates.
YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch
The Annual Ascent on Blue Ridge End of Season will be Saturday, April 10. Call the Nordic Center at 887-2152 x4173 for details.
YMCA offers free skiing for Grand County locals on Wednesdays. Call the Nordic Shop for sales on special equipment purchases. Closing day is April 18 but may be sooner depending on weather conditions. End of season sale on new gear is up to 40 percent discount and rental gear is on sale as well.
Pray for Snow
Most of the Nordic areas will close by mid-April so enjoy them now. Grand Lake has officially closed. New and used equipment are on sale at all the areas – time to buy for next year. Snow in the high country is still plentiful so head to the backcountry but avoid avalanche areas and travel in numbers with necessary safety equipment. The Waterboard roads are still a good bet.
Information on these events and more can be found at http://www.grandnordic.org.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Grand County Trail of the Week: High Lonesome Hut
- Trophies, cash and fun times on the ice at the 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Resident has heated exchange with county over Henderson mill revaluation
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Union Pacific Railroad gets cease and desist order after illegal discharge into Fraser River