Grand Lake Ice Fishing Contest set for fifth year
March 3, 2016
Grand Lake's annual Catch and Release Ice Fishing Contest is set to kick off this weekend, March 4 through 6, with Friday night festivities at Pancho & Lefty's in downtown Grand Lake with a Welcome Party and registration for participating anglers.
Registration will reopen early Saturday morning followed by the official start of the contest at 7 a.m. A Little Fisherman's Snow Sculpture Contest for youngsters will be held on the lake throughout the day with judging held at 3 p.m.
Saturday night competitors will be able to enjoy the Fisherman's Feast at the Sagebrush BBQ and Grill. Official fishing for the contest will resume at 7 a.m. Sunday morning and wrap up at noon. An awards ceremony for the winners will be held at 1 p.m. at Pancho & Lefty's. There is an entry fee to participate in the contest and cash prizes are awarded.
This is the fifth year for Grand Lake's Catch and Release Ice Fishing Contest put on by the Grand Lake Ice Fishing Committee. For more information about the contest or to register go to the contests Web site, http://www.grandlakeicefishingcontest.com.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- New summer tubing hill nears completion at Snow Mountain Ranch
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office honors fallen deputy with ‘Race for Riggs’
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch