IMBA trail crew coming to Winter Park
July 30, 2014
Winter Park — The International Mountain Bicycling Association's Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew will be in Winter Park from July 31- Aug. 3 to talk trails, teach people proper trail building technique and spend time digging in the dirt.
Everyone is invited to attend the weekend's events.
The award-winning Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew program includes two full-time, professional teams of trail experts who travel North America year-round, leading IMBA trail-building schools, meeting with government officials and land managers and working with IMBA-affiliated groups to improve local mountain biking opportunities.
IMBA's crews have led more than 1,000 trail projects since the program debuted in 1997.
IMBA will be teaming up with Headwaters Trails Alliance (HTA), Grand Mountain Bike Alliance (GMBA), U.S. Forest Service and the Town of Winter Park to conduct workshops and construct sustainable trail in the Vasquez Trail System. The Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service will take part in collaborative work sessions prior to the trail building day.
The Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew program has inspired volunteer trail work across the U.S. and abroad, helping government agencies and land managers who have limited funding for trail construction and upkeep. As a result, there are now thousands of new and improved trails in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico and several European countries.
The Trail Care Crews teach "sustainable" trail building, which means building lasting trails that require minimal maintenance. This helps reduce trail damage, protects the environment and enhances visitor enjoyment.
All are welcome to join the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew leaders. Below is a schedule of events that are open to the public:
• Friday, Aug. 1: HTA offices, Land Manager Training and Better Living Through Trails workshops
• Saturday, Aug. 2: Winter Park Town Hall, Trail Building School and Trail Building in the Vasquez Trail System (lunch provided)
Sunday, Aug. 3: Group ride hosted by GMBA
For a complete list of visit dates, photos and additional information about the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew visit http://www.imba.com.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- New summer tubing hill nears completion at Snow Mountain Ranch
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office honors fallen deputy with ‘Race for Riggs’
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch