Junior Winter Park racers finish well in Nor-Am Cup races
December 9, 2008
A couple of junior ski racers from the Winter Park Competition Center earned strong finishes in the final day of NOR-AM slalom races Friday, Dec. 5, at the Winter Park and Loveland ski areas.
Winter Park’s juniors were racing against an international field of top skiers, including U.S. Ski Team members.
Racing at Loveland in the final slalom Friday, Winter Park’s Sarah Williams finished 52nd with a combined ski time after two runs of 1:53.17. The women’s slalom was won by Germany’s Susanne Riesch in 1:36.10.
In the men’s slalom held Friday at Winter Park Resort, Winter Park junior ski racer Christopher Acosta placed 45th with a combined time after two runs of 1:41.23. The winner of the men’s race was Canada’s Michael Janyk with 1:30.82.
Also racing for Winter Park on Friday, but not finishing after either the first or second runs were Max Lamb, Spencer Nelson, Khyla Burrows, Rylee Burrows, Tracie Kroneberger and Kristina Krone.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced
- Board approves Fraser River plan, detailing $6.5M in improvements
- Kremmling chamber director resigns from position