King and Queen of the Rockies, Epic Singletrack race at Winter Park Resort
August 30, 2016
On a day with perfect weather and perfect trail conditions at Winter Park Resort, top professional male mountain bike finisher Chris Baddick, 28 of Boulder had the race of his life.
From the first climb on Tipperary he had the lead.
"I could see Kelly at Vasquez Road and I just kept going," he said after the race on Saturday, August 27.
He held the lead the entire race.
Next week he races the Fall Classic in Breckenridge and the following week will race in Vail to end the season.
"It is nice to be back in Colorado and racing close to home," he said. "There is such a friendly vibe here."
This was the final race of the Epic Singletrack race series held on Saturdays at Winter Park Resort.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion