Kremmling Little League gears up for season with Saturday cleanup
May 9, 2008
Kremmling’s Little League is gearing up for the start of another season with a field cleanup day this Saturday.
The cleanup starts at 2 p.m. at the Red Mountain Sports Complex’s ballfields. Volunteers are needed. All those who participate in the cleanup work are welcome to attend a free 4 p.m. barbecue to celebrate the new season.
This Saturday’s cleanup is in preparation for the league’s first games to be held on the Red Mountain ballfields on Saturday, May 17. The first game is slated for 10 a.m. that day. Kremmling’s teams will be playing teams from nearby communities. It will also be “Dollar Hot Dog Day” at the ballfields.
The Kremmling Little League has five teams who are scheduled to play 23 games during their regular season, which is five weeks long. After the regular season, the teams’ players will be competing in All-Star games.
In addition to the volunteers needed for this Saturday’s cleanup day, Kremmling Little League is also seeking business sponsors.
For more information, go to the Grand County Little League’s Web site at: http://www.eteamz.com/grandcountyllb.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Trophies, cash and fun times on the ice at the 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Grand County Trail of the Week: High Lonesome Hut
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Resident has heated exchange with county over Henderson mill revaluation
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Letter: Trying to mislead the public